Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dusting off my sneakers...

This is a big deal for me.
Getting out of bed is a struggle every single morning of my life.
But, I have been wanting to get into an exercise routine for a while now and it took me a while to admit it to myself; the only time to do that is before *gasp* the kids wake up in the morning.
We all know the best way to get something done, is to 'just do it'. Put our feet on the floor, if you will. For me, the benefits I have missed all these years are stacking up.

  • The world is a beautiful place at 6am in the morning and perfect way to start the day (I hear that early morning sun releases endorphins).
  • AND I'm feeling fitter than I have in years (about 10!).
  • AND I am feeling better about myself too, every time I get out of bed it is a win for me (that's a lot of wins in row!).
  • AND my girls now see a healthy pink smiling face when they wake in the morning (rather than me with matted hair and eyes half open scowling over their beds).
It is still a struggle for me. But all that means is that I still win every time I get up!


3 comments:

  1. dusting off your sneakers.....I thought you were referring to blogging again (haha) but no something else!! I hear you on the morning thing....uuuggghhhh but I agree that when we're up and ready before the kids it makes SUCH a difference to how the morning goes! I really need to start exercising again :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the Bryen disease. It's called staying up too late. It sounds like you're on your way to being cured..... I once read a quote on my desk calendar at work that said WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE STAYING UP LATE FOR ISNT WORTH IT.....I was practically falling asleep at my desk that day due to a late night.

    ReplyDelete