Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my birthday was...

SO wicked!! No, I'm not just trying to use youthful words to keep the 'aging woes' at bay, I am reffering to what has been called the 'Musical of the decade'. My birthday was last month, so I wasn't able to blog it straight away, but let me tell you, I STILL can't get this musical out of my head. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
It wasn't just the amazing set changes, overwhelming orchestra, the characters, the story, the effects. No. Maybe a combination of all these things though.
I also loved the way the story was integrated into that of 'the wizard of oz', a story we know already. LOVED how it makes you question if the way things are percieved is really reality. So thought provoking. So WICKED!!

Justin surprised me with tickets on my birthday and we spent the afternoon at the theatre, and the evening fine dining dock side. I have never been so spoilt in my life! To top it off, my mother-in-law had spent the afternoon baking a BEAUTIFUL black forest cake with the girls which we all enjoyed.
If I'm being honest, it gave me an odd feeling to be shamelessly spoilt as I was.
I will now have to be the best wife and mother all year to be worthy of all the spoilage!

2 comments:

  1. Wickedness was never happiness until now......hahaha! It is quite shameless that i'm only just finding out about this now.....has it really been that long since we've talked??? SO glad you felt spoiled on day sis! You ABSOLUTELY deserve it and you already are the best wife and mother!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I tell you that Jodie and I went a couple of weeks ago to a matinee. Love it. Lots of Fun.
    xo

    ReplyDelete