Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trunk or Treat

This year our ward had a 'Trunk or Treat' party. The idea is to decorate the boot of your car and then the thousand or so (ok, so there was only about 120) children in attendance go around to each car to 'trick or treat'.
While I'm not really sure about 'celebrating' Halloween, most of the costumes were quite tasteful. I didn't see any blood & guts, or scary masks, so it was child friendly; if you can call a mountain of lollies 'child friendly'. I actually think people were even slipping Livy more when no-one else was looking because she was so darn CUTE!
Chloe and I manned our vehicle and warned the eager children of the danger of poisoning and such, while Livy and Daddy did some 'trick ir treating'. They did have to return half way through as her basket was overflowing (this is not an exageration!).
We will be there again next year, although I do feel a bit of pressure as Olivia was a hot favorite for the 'best dressed' award. I guess I better get started on next years costumes then!

3 comments:

  1. oh yes she was "so darn cute". I don't know how you'll top the grapes next year (and that cute little lady bug as well ;) you know I'm totally stealing the grapes idea for next year....if either of my girls will wear it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Love your blog found it somehow in blogland travels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps LOVE you side descriptions of your family :-)

    ReplyDelete